*** Technical Analyst - Brussels - 10 weeks ***
For one of RED's international clients, we're currently looking for a Technical Analyst.
Duration: 10 weeks + extensions
Start date: ASAP
Primary Tasks and responsibilities
The new Operational Data Warehouse integrates data from many source systems and involves many entities. Activities include:
* Analysing source data and writing functional models of the source data.
* Creating a functional model of the warehouse based on a conceptual model from our business customer.
* Creating a functional model of the data marts based on dashboard/reporting/analysis requirements from our business customer.
* Specification of the transformation of the functional source models to the functional warehouse model.
* Specification of the transformation of the functional warehouse model to the functional data mart model.
* Collaboration with other analysis and modellers, with source system experts, with the warehouse and data mart development team.
Required knowledge of:
* ERwin Data Modelling
* 3NF warehouse modelling
* SQL and various database tools such as Toad, Squirrel
* Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and in writing
* Analysis, design of warehouse solutions (+5 years)
* Capable of performing to the bone analysis in a short time
* Capable of writing precise and complete documentation
* Master and/or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry or Bioinformatics OR equivalent through experience. Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred.
* Additional certification is a plus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, don't hesitate to send your updated CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org