|Location: Charlotte, North Carolina||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT Service Provider||Type: Permanent|
|Reference #: PR/065221_1571867572|
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
This IT leadership position is accountable to develop and execute strategies for the company's business intelligence and data analytics platforms including the transformation of the global data warehouse. The role requires thought leadership to promote the high impact and value of data analytics, insights and data governance as a differentiator and competitive advantage. The leader will develop a best in class team by empowering and motivating associates to achieve objectives.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes the strategic vision for business intelligence and analytical solutions to advance the company in the data science discipline including statistical analysis, predictive analytics and machine learning.
- Collaborates across the organization to conceive and implement innovative solutions to satisfy various business challenges and objectives.
- Acts as a champion and change agent for BI and data analytic solutions.
- Develops a robust data architecture for big data, transactional data and master data to support both data exploration and analytics.
- Establishes a data governance program for secure access controls, data stewardship and data quality.
- Manages and leads build vs. buy decisions, proof of concepts, software selection, and infrastructure build outs ahead of actual development and system integration.
- Directs teams in the areas of planning, prioritizing, technical decisions, best practices and standards.
- Prepares yearly budgets, project estimates, and capital expenditures for strategic and tactical projects
- Develops and maintains project plans and leads team to execute on plan and deliver to commitments.
- Directs team members to troubleshoot and resolve system, application and data integrity issues.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of a manager as defined by the company Code of Conduct including hiring, development, review, corrective action and termination of associates.
- Manages direct and indirect staff onsite, offsite and offshore.
- Fosters the company Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of the company's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management, Mathematics or relevant discipline required.
- Degree or Certification in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Science preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years IT leadership experience with the last 5 years managing associates required.
- Minimum of 5 years as an architect or lead in analytics leveraging structured and non-structured data required. Big data solutions preferred.
- Experience implementing and integrating packaged applications required. Salesforce.com preferred.
- Experience with the leading BI, analytical and visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft, SAP and Qlik required. Tableau and SAP Business Objects preferred.
- Experience with data management solutions from Microsoft, Google, Snowflake, IBM, SAP and/or Oracle required. Cloud and appliance-based solutions preferred.
- Outstanding influence and communication skills at all levels including senior executives required.
- Strong leadership, management, negotiation, relationship and team building skills required.
- Ability to motivate, transform and drive teams to successful project delivery required.
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills required.
- Ability to integrate complex solutions in traditional, hybrid and cloud-based architectures required.
- Strong skills in business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing required.
- Expertise in highly scalable, highly performing data management platforms required.
- Thought leadership in cognitive computing and data science preferred.
A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 10% of the time may be required.