|Location: Swindon, Wiltshire||Salary: £175 - £250 per day|
|Sector: Consultancy||Type: Contract|
|Reference #: CR/063960_1567084188|
Financial Accountant / Swindon / 9 months / Start ASAP
The job holder will be responsible for:
* Assisting in the delivery of the client consolidation/group reporting commitments in accordance with Group instructions, ensuring the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and overall quality.
* Supporting the Inter company Reconciliation process at quarter end to ensure that inter company balances match and any unmatched items are cleared promptly.
* Supporting the production of allocated Statutory accounts of the client ensuring consistency of approach across multiple legal entities.
* Completion of National Statistics returns for the client.
* Ensuring risks within the Internal Control System (ICS) reviews are adequately controlled.
* Completion of other monthly tasks as assigned such as completion of balance sheet reconciliations, monthly postings etc.
* Ensuring correct accounting classification is maintained and aligned to Group Accounting guidelines. Provide training and guidance to operational and wider finance teams on implementation of Group policy.
* Ensuring any new ofgem reporting requirements are implemented and understood by stakeholders including Retail Energy Management and Controlling.
* Provide technical financial advice to the business as required.
* Support in any other adhoc or regular financial statements related tasks
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
* Completion of consolidation/group reporting to specified timetable
* Inter company reconciliation completed and balances matched to group reporting timetable.
* Allocated Statutory accounts signed off by June each year.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in an often time constrained environment whilst balancing the need for quality, accuracy and integrity.
* Ability to manage an extensive network of internal Stakeholders (wider finance team, Operations, Regulation) providing clear guidance and structure whilst maintaining a flexible, adaptable overall approach.
* Ability to communicate and implement accounting best practice across Accounting and the wider Finance Team.
* Have the gravitas and self-confidence to manage and challenge (as appropriate) requests and demands.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* A qualified accountant with strong financial accounting experience. A strong academic background is required.
* Highly developed prioritisation skills to enable various tasks to be completed accurately, on time and to a high standard.
* Strong end to end process management skills with strength of character to enforce disciplines whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable overall approach.
* Calm and confident with the ability to work under pressure and deal with issues authoritatively and rationally.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) with a confident and articulate manner.
* Disciplined, detailed approach with attention to detail and an eye on quality of output.
* A strong working knowledge of financial accounting standards and their practical application and the self drive and motivation to develop knowledge further.
* Genuine enthusiasm and interest in working in a group finance department.