Title: Big Data Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: 6 Month plus contract
- Build an understanding of data sources and downstream systems
- Liaise with key stakeholders to understand requirements, business definitions and the potential value of different data Sets.
- Support, design, implement and document solutions for loading, piping and exposing data from multiple sources.
- Support and build well-engineered data systems to support analytical needs using AWS .
- Assure accuracy of data processing and outputs through consistently high software development skills, adherence to best practice, thorough testing and peer reviews.
- Habitually approach problem solving with creativity and resourcefulness; carefully evaluate risks and determine correct courses of action when completing tasks.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in the data management & data engineering projects.
- Strong & demonstrable SQL (complex query writing) & PLSQL skills.
- Strong experience on Python or other scripting languages like spark / Scala
- At least 1 year of working experience in data modeling skills (both dimensional and relational modeling)
- Experience of working in AWS environment (at least 1 project implementation)
- Working experience on BI tools like Tableau or Qlik is a plus
- Any exposure to Looker tool (specifically LookML) and API integration will be a big plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline