A leading European house hold brand are currently looking for an experienced SQL developer, to join their innovative team at and exciting time of expansion through their digital transformation.
You will be responsible for design, development and management of high quality, effective solutions in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
- To deliver a robust, testable repeatable framework of jobs and scripts for migrating data and producing reconciliation reports to confirm success / failure.
- To be responsible for defining technical requirements, working with non-technical members of the team.
- To design, develop and maintain appropriately scaled, effective solutions to support data cleansing, migration and reconciliation activity.
- To work with 3rd party suppliers to understand their software API's and integrate them with your solutions to load and extract data.
- To identify and solve performance bottlenecks in SQL Server database platforms.
- To manage MS SQL Server database environments that support data migration and backups and recoveries in test environments.
Key skills & experience
- Excellent working knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of MS SQL Server 2012 R2, with experience in using SQL Server 2000 onwards an advantage.
- SQL Developer with excellent T-SQL and experience of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) and knowledge of SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS) an advantage.
- Good experience of large scale data migration projects with multiple data sources and familiar with Extract-Transform-Load patterns and processes.
- Strong background in data modelling, management and manipulation, code management and version control.
- Experience of Data Warehousing implementations ideally follow Kimball methodology.
- More than 5 years' experience of SQL programming.
- In depth experience of performance-tuning SQL Server database code and environments.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and experience of C# programming would be an advantage.
If you are skilled in these areas and would like to apply or know more about this opportunity, please apply here or email me at email@example.com.