|Location: Turin, Italy||Salary: negotiable|
|Sector: IT Service Provider||Type: Contract|
|Reference #: CR/057454_1547134890|
For our Global Partner in Italy we are looking for SQL Consultant for an exciting project in Turin. You will be responsible for developing database code powering the Greenplum cloud platform. This is a central role in our development team that will build effective APIs that access and manipulate very large datasets, working with product managers, front end developers, DBAs and scientists as needed.
* Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
* Work closely with the DatawarehouseArchitect to implement effective and maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural foundation.
* Work with front end developers to define simple yet powerful APIs.
* Work with DBAs to ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content.
* Work with product managers to ensure database code meets requirements.
* Work with DBAs and data analysts to ensure database code is accurately documented.
* Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
* 2+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL
* Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
* Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.
* Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
* Knowledge of database design principles, query optimisation, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
* Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds
If you are interested, please send me an email with your updated CV, availability and rate to firstname.lastname@example.org. If not, who would you recommend for this position?