Our key client at RED is currently looking for a Software Engineer based in Basel. They are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
The role is due to start at the beginning of November, and due to go on till the end of 2019.
Required knowledge & experience
- 4+ years software development and/or DevOps experience
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, including experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
- Hands on experience with infrastructure tools such as AWS, VMware, Docker, and Vagrant
- Strong understanding of (and practical experience with) Java web application development
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset including Jira and Confluence or similar tools
- Knowledge of APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS
- Comfortable with working in both Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments
- Experience with scripting in Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ancible, TerraForm (or other similar products)
- Experience working with version control software, particularly Git and SVN
- Programming experience in Ruby, Python or Java with software design skills, as well as with current best practices and methodologies (e.g. Agile)
- Familiarity with Software Security and Compliance
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Able to maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders in scientific, development and operations communities
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with full-stack development
If you are interested, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org