Senior .Net Devops / Shannon / 6 months / Start ASAP
As the DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for driving continuous integration and software delivery that unifies development and operations teams for faster business results. This is a hands-on role where you'll be responsible for working on complex, major or highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects that require multiple areas of expertise. This role will support multiple applications and provide expertise in multiple technical environments and knowledge of one or more business areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Master is a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be accomplished and able to work all system tiers i.e. database, middle tier, and front end.
- Design, develop and maintain automation framework for iterative software development and testing. Provide operational support, and develop solutions that provide monitoring, logging and alerting capabilities. Analyze software/system performance and mitigate bottlenecks.
- Deploy microservices-based containerised solutions. Maintain and improve CI/CD pipeline.
- Hands-on experience working in Agile and DevOps cultures and teams with a keen focus on process improvement and automation through internal and external collaboration.
- Hands-on experience with containers and container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Pivotal Container Service, MesoSphere, etc. is required.
- For the lead role, hands-on experience in Azure DevOps and/or other cloud services is essential. For the developer's this is a big plus
- Work closely with architecture and infrastructure teams to develop automated self-service tooling to deploy custom cloud templates, both on premise and in public cloud. Participate in architecture review, reviewing technology designs and best practices.
- Must have hands-on experience working with database engines such as MySQL, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra DB, Dynamo DB etc.
- Hands-on experience building, designing, and deploying RESTful web services.
- Able to utilize multiple architecture paradigms and design patterns such as Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices, Resource Oriented Architecture etc.
- Hands-on experience with build, code, configuration, and release automation tools such as Bosh, Jenkins, Visual Studio Team Services, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Develop complex algorithms and APIs to solve business problems (i.e., integrating systems and services to provide consistent data across the enterprise)
- Research and development experience with a focus on creating proof of concept software systems and demos for client, conferences, and industry events is a plus.
- Contribution to technical whitepapers, technical meetups, and user groups is a plus (Share links!)