Job: SAP Plant Analyst / SAP Generalist
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Keys to the role:
The right candidate for this job will have functional SAP FI (Finance) experience coupled with at least 1 other Supply Chain Logistics Modules like: SD, MM, Etc.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure our ERP (SAP) system meets the business requirements, system goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Application Support Analyst's role is to provide support to our operations personnel in the use of SAP and related software programs. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as plant operations, accounting, and purchasing personnel. The Application Support Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement SAP and related software applications, process documentation and training.
- Support the ERP environment consisting of SAP ECC 6, SAP S4 HANA, Fiori, Ariba and various other applications
- Define systems strategy, develop systems requirements, design and prototype testing, training, define support procedures, and implement workable business solutions
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Translate user's requests into application system solutions. Analyze system user requirements to define and design system configuration, enhancements, and modifications
- Work closely with the business and functional teams regarding the viability of business requirements and the potential impact upon the global template
- Responsible for ensuring high quality SAP applications services to the user base
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve incidents and problems in systems and services
- Ensure that incidents and problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting systems
- Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Serve as an intermediary between functional owners (Projects) and the SAP technical support organization in relation to development, implementation and support of SAP functionality.
- Develops business user acceptance test plans
- Assists in the implementation and post-implementation process
- Stays current on SAP advancements in the FI/CO, SD & MM modules
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve SAP application and software issues
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Responsibility to ensure the continuity of SAP processes
- Discuss and agree functional and technical demands and appropriate solutions with SAP technical support team
- Manage the relationship with functional and technical SAP team members to provide both incident resolution and development services to users
- Assist with the creation of functional and technical specifications
- Handle customer complaints or issues
- Coordinate with department heads to assess training needs and provide training to users where applicable