SAP BI/BW Developer.
- Provide insight on the impacts of data requests (new/change/deletion etc.) from an end to- end process prospective and also a systems and data integrity perspective.
- Support development of the following applications: BW 7.3/7.02, Business Objects 4.1, BI 4.1 Dashboards, BI 4.1 OLAP Analysis, Microsoft Analysis for Office tools Web Intelligence, SAP BW Query Designer in line with the approved development plans, change requests and the operational service levels, keep system and support documentation up to date.
- Take part in the BI projects and upgrade of the existing application and the implementation of new BI solutions based on SAP BI and ABAP (Objects) and will support the maintenance and integrity of the Business Analytics Offerings .
- Provide advice to users on the structuring of data sets, data models and the development of business intelligence and reporting.
- Produce MI reports for the SAP and BI Service delivery team and work with the assured service providers;
- Develop solutions test cases and data review for data migrations and system upgrades and patches in Business objects suite.
- Develop and establish processes and procedures for managing and controlling the access/authorisation levels to the clients data sets and maintain high quality data and documentation rigorously in support of the process.
- Adhere to and provide advice to users on the processes, procedures and documentation associated with requesting changes to system data and data structures.
- Ensure compliance at all times with data quality standards as defined within the Data Management Strategy and Data Management Policies.
- Assist in the development and establishment of company wide data policies and work in collaboration with the outsourced service provider in reviewing and improving existing policies and procedures.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong Data Analyst skills with experience gained from developing, implementing and operating large and business critical database environments.
- Sound understanding of system data controls, SAP-related segregation of duties and fraud and risk management requirements in a complex organisation.
- Knowledge of BW 7.3/7.02, Business Objects 4.1, BI 4.1 Dashboards, BI 4.1 OLAP Analysis,
- Microsoft Analysis for Office tools Web Intelligence, SAP BW Query Designer, ABAP for BW, BODS
- Must have at least two of the above applications i.e. BW, BO or BODS
- Very strong analytical skills with a particular emphasis on understanding and transforming large volumes of complex data into valuable business information.
- Strong capability in working with end users and translating their business aspirations into very tangible data analysis and reporting solutions.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Previous experience in finance is advantageous.
- A strong understanding of Data Protection legislation and how it impacts access controls.
- A strong database knowledge gained working with technically advanced industry recognised database products of the scale and complexity of technologies such as DB2, Oracle, Microsoft-SQL etc.
- Experience of delivering services within an ITIL environment.
- Excellent customer skills especially with respect to verbal communications which are clear and understandable to users with relatively less technical and data analyst experience.