SAP Basis Lead
The SAP Basis lead is responsible for the management of the SAP environment providing technical support and leadership on SAP Basis systems, including establishing standards and requirements, evaluating and directing enhancements, and implementing solutions for performance monitoring, and system configuration, design and implementation. Designs and develops SAP architecture requirements and specifications to ensure the system is meeting corporate needs.
The responsibilities include interacting with a third party to configure, monitor, tune, and troubleshoot the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport with third party vendors.
Qualification and Experience:
- The role requires an individual with a solid background in SAP Basis.
- Knowledge & Experience with designing a SAP landscape
- Certified SAP Netweaver 7.31+
- Certified SAP Hana Consultant
- Pro-active collaboration and stakeholder management will be second nature and a core strength.
- Ability to influence internal departments in order to obtain co-operation;
- Strong SAP support skills, ideally developed through solid experience;
- Technically proficient in SAP Hana ECC6
- Experience of working cross-culturally and cross -functionally, and ability to adapt personal style to different environments;
- ITIL v3 Foundation would be an advantage
- Previous experience of supporting integration between SAP Core and other interfaced applications
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment with demanding deadlines and a desire to deliver to milestones would be a distinct advantage.
- Preferred knowledge of data centre infrastructure to help optimize the SAP system environment, plan and co-ordinate timely delivery.
- Good knowledge of homogeneous and Heterogeneous system copies. Optimize system copy / system migration using one of various system copy methods (export/import, DB backup/restore, storage snapshot copy etc)
- Should be able to optimize maintenance solution to close to zero downtime maintenance.
- System build and configuration.
- Configure system with solution manager for Early Watch services and technical monitoring
- System copy, client copy, upgrade, patching etc.
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting, go live support
- Interaction with client team and supporting the team through implementation process
- Interacting with various other teams during system build and implementation process
Technical & Specialist Knowledge
- Solid SAP Basis support/project experience
- Sybase and MS SQL experience would be beneficial
- Experience and ideally certified for SAP Hana
- Experienced with the following SAP/3rd party components:
- ERP 6.0 EHP 7 (ECC 6.0) on Hana
- BW 7.5 with BPC on Hana
- PI/Process Orchestration 7.5
- Business Objects Data Services 4.2
- Business Intelligence 4.2
- Productivity Pak
- Netweaver Java 7.4 with Redwood Cronacle 9.0
- Solution Manager 7.1/7.2
- GRC 10.1
- Identity Manager 7.2
- Netweaver Single Sign On