SAP Basis Administrator
- Monitors, supports, troubleshoots, and maintains SAP landscapes.
- Works with business leaders to maintain existing systems and improve system performance.
- Analyzes, recommends, and implements changes following industry best practices.
- Maintains and increases SAP knowledge and skillset by working across multiple SAP environments, including SAP HANA.
- SAP landscape overview includes: DB2 is the primary database, AIX and Linux operating systems, HANA - SAP CAR and CRM, broad range of SAP systems: PI, BI, ECC, (HR, Retail, MM, FI MFG), CRM CAR BOBJ, and support of a 3-tier production and N+1 project landscape.
- Performs system refreshes and client copies.
- Performs system capacity planning.
- Performs, monitors, and tests backups of SAP systems.
- Develops and tests system restore capability.
- Provides documentation of computer system software, system configuration, and guidelines for usage. Maintains records of changes to system software or computer resources for historical reference.
- Ensures computer system integrity through implementation of system backups, recovery procedures, and contingency planning.
- Provides database administration functions, including database design, implementation, tuning, and maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree and five or more years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or higher education required.
- Advanced knowledge of full life cycle SAP system and database - production support experience. Includes design, capacity planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of data processing functions, structures, and support needs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve, and prevent system degradation, and user disruption.
- Ability to prepare and analyze complex reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Ability to show information in presentation or diagram form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and productivity.
- Ability to occasionally travel to off-site and out-of-town locations with possible overnight stays.
- Ability to work on-call and flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.