RED is currently looking for an Hadoop Administrator for a project available with a Global Key Partner.
Please find the details that are required for the role below:
Role - Hadoop Adminitrator
Location - Hanover, Germany
Start Date- August 2018
Duration - 6 months + extension
Language - English, German
In the role of the Hadoop Administrator, you will be responsible to plan & execute complex Hadoop Infrastructure changes, participate in architecture & change planning discussions with client and be the topic lead for Hadoop administration. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued
- Full time role based in Hanover, Germany.
- Technical delivery of ongoing administration and implementation of Hadoop Infrastructure in mission critical production support environments
- Plan & execute Hadoop cluster upgrades, Monitoring tool (Ambari / Cloudera Manager) upgrade, Kerberos, hardware migrations, high availability, Performance tuning and Capacity Management
- Participate in client meetings including architecture related discussions
- Troubleshoot & resolve incidents with stringent SLA criterion
- Provide on-call support during non-business hours on a rotation basis
- Engage in problem management process for root cause determination & permanent corrective action
- Support team in resolving critical technical issues during crisis situations
- Strong hands-on experience in Hadoop Administration (7+ years) Hortonworks / Cloudera distribution
- In-depth experience in implementing an end-to-end fully secure High Availability Cluster.
- Hands on Cluster Upgrades, Performance Tuning and Capacity Management
- Experience in KNOX, SPNEGO authentication
- Hands on admin troubleshooting on the services like MapReduce, Hive, Spark, HBase, Oozie, Falcon, Kafka & Ambari / Cloudera Manager
- Knowledge on Apache NiFi (HDF) will be an added advantage.
- Admin expertise on Data Flow Components (Kafka, Storm)
- Work experience on Patch and Upgrade management.
- Good knowledge in ITIL processes - Incident, Problem, Change & Release management
- Fluent in German and in English languages
- Experience in providing Hadoop Admin Support for mission critical 24x7 Hadoop environments
- Flexibility to work in 24x7 support & on-call models
- Willingness and flexibility to learn new technologies, scale up quickly and adapt to different roles as the situation demands
If you are interested please apply or send your CV over to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Interviews can happen immediately!