Data Warehouse Architect / 4 months / Italy / Start ASAP
The Data Warehouse Architect will participate in design of a high performing Enterprise Data Warehouse, using both Kimball methodologies in conjunction with utilisation of a multi-platform, modern architecture approach. The architect will collaborate with the stakeholders and build solutions that support their reporting, analytics, data exploration and data science needs. This role will participate in process improvement initiatives and in setting the best practice standards around Data Architecture, Metadata, Data Governance and Master Data Management.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
* Work across the organisation to architect data driven solutions that focus on fulfilling stakeholders needs:
o Translation of business needs into feasible and acceptable data centric semantic layer designs
o Document and present relationships between business entities using Kimball and other modern frameworks
o Participate in discussions to prioritise and balance technical and business needs of the conceptual and logical data warehouse
* Architect physical data models
o Architect and document 3NF integration layer (normalised) of the data warehouse
o Architect and document dimensional presentation layer (de-normalised) of the data warehouse
o Enhancement of existing models to ensure compliancy with best practices around master data management and a 4 layer architecture across technology platforms
o Design, develop, document and articulate architecture of the enterprise data warehouse
* Evaluate re-usability of current solutions for additional analysis, while maintaining integrity and confidentiality of information in accordance with a minimum viable product
* Provide guidance in the creation and refinement of Agile technical stories for data architecture and development.
* Participate in discussions to document database standards and procedures for the definition of reference architecture
Experience and Educational Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree or specialised training or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of recent Data Warehouse experience to build and articulate conceptual, logical and physical dimensional data models and third normal form artifacts
* Familiar with standard modelling tools like Erwin, ERStudio
* Experience in delivering solutions using Greenplum retrieving source data from Azure data lake.
* Experience in designing well performing solutions with an ability to tune data warehouse objects for efficiency and accuracy