|Location: New Jersey, USA||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT Service Provider||Type: Permanent|
|Reference #: PR/065265_1572024740|
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for the data strategies and architectures that are aligned with the company's mission, strategy, goals, and objectives.
The Enterprise Data Architect will be responsible for working with a full range of data technologies and architectures including big data platforms like Azure, logical and physical data warehouses, data virtualization, master data management and multiple reporting and analytics frameworks and tools. This position will both lead and work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders to establish and maintain the enterprise data reporting architecture, strategy and roadmap and will define, document, and apply business rules to enterprise data. They will also assist as needed in the design and development of ETL standards, policies, procedures, and metadata to ensure accuracy, quality, integrity, and optimization of this information.
Candidates must be strong leaders, active partners, and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and executive level audiences. They must work closely with other data disciplines to establish data best practices for analysis, modeling, designing, and building business information reporting and analytics systems.
- Responsible for working with a full range of data technologies and architectures including big data platforms like Azure, logical and physical data warehouses, master data management and multiple reporting and analytics frameworks and tools.
- Responsible for implementing a unified data integration strategy that will streamline and modernize the acquisition, processing, storage and analysis of data across different internal and external systems including Datawarehouse, CRM, SAP Hybris, SAP and Web API sources.
- Responsible for implementing a centralized data and solution platform for self-service analytics using technologies like Azure services, data virtualization etc. that will enable the consumption of other data types(semi/non-structured) and integration with external and internal data by the analytics team for the purposes of analytical modeling.
- Collaborates closely with partners across the organization including other architects, engineering and product managers, and business partners.
- Designing and documenting data architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Providing active "hands-on" architectural guidance and leadership through the entire lifecycle of development projects
- Put processes around metadata to ensure an integrated definition of data for enterprise information, and to ensure the accuracy, validity, and reusability of metadata.
- Participate in developing consistent definitions for common reference data and master data management.
- Creates and maintains the enterprise data flow diagrams, system diagrams, business and logical systems integration, logical and physical data models.
- Serve as a thought leader and advocate for best practices concerning Data/Information Architecture.
- Keeping fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution-staying current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging data solutions in use across the industry. Execute proof-of-concept or innovation oriented technical efforts and projects to evaluate options, prove out the viability of new technologies or approaches.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IT experience including development of large scale, complex data architectures
- Experience with Data Virtualization, Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, HDInsight and Azure Analytics, SAP BW.
- Experience working with SAP HANA.
- Direct and proven working experience with data management concepts and activities including an understanding of industry best practices for Data Sourcing, Key Data Elements, Data Quality Management, Metadata, and Enterprise Data Management Policy, Process, and Procedures.
- Current with new technologies and vendor solutions available in the marketplace
- Understanding of data security and compliance
- Fluency architecting and documenting architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data model.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good customer working relationships.
- Innovative thinking and embraces innovation by constantly seeking new or contrary ideas and approaches to what has been done in the past. Thinks big and broad, without being constrained by existing norms or business models.
- Extensive background and expertise in developing and managing data technologies, technical operations, reusable data services, and related tools and technologies including experience in master data management.
- Working knowledge of and experience with other enterprise domains (application, infrastructure, web, ecommerce, ERP etc.), IT Governance frameworks, concepts, methodologies and modeling techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to adequately plan and meet delivery objectives and maintain adequate service levels in a highly dynamic, complex environment.