Our customer is a global leader in innovative technology, management consulting and infrastructure services. They are currently seeking a Cloud Architect to enable their customers to leverage cloud and develop hybrid and bi-modal operating models. They can offer exposure to the latest technologies and access to one of the largest customers networks globally.
The role of the Cloud Architect will allow you to engage closely with partners, clients and other business units to develop and execute innovative solutions for new and existing clients. You will work as part of the pre-sales team in the proposal stages and then engage in the delivery of cloud transformation project covering the design and implementation of the solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Expert knowledge of either AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
- Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
- Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure/AWS
- Manage cloud risk & compliance assessments with the customer
- Building and recommending a migration approach to lift and shift the workloads to Azure /AWS or architecting a green field development and/or production platform for new applications. Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies
- Executing limited POCs, where necessary
- Knowledge and experience of AWS/Azure pricing and commercial models and how to optimise for a given engagement or use case
- Network integration experience with AWS Direct Connect or Azure Express route integration and network design (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
- Identity and access integration AWS IAM, Azure IDaaS, AAD
- Thorough background on general infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, application structure (2-tier, 3-tier), Identity, Security (Encryption, PKI), load balancing, clients (workstations, laptops, Thin client), Mobility, etc.
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL)
- Either AWS solution architect Associate level certification or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: Azure Solutions Architect accreditation
- Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal
- Excellent consultancy skills
- Pro-active, self starting, entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to perform and conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions
- Must be fully flexible and mobile. Travel and communication over different time zones will be involved.
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
Does this sound like an interesting opportunity? Please apply within!