Red is searching for a Business Intelligence (BI) Manager to join one of our clients as a permanent employee at their Detroit, MI location.
RED's client is global, offering a competitive base salary per year plus benefits.
- Responsible for building and supporting Business Intelligence services/applications (performance measurement and other analytical systems).
- Leading a distributed team of BI Analyst to manage a data foundation to support reporting and analysis activities. This includes experience creating data warehouses and data lakes using a variety of data integration styles including extract, transform, and load (ETL) as well as data virtualization.
- Working with business units to meet reporting and analytical needs on a demanding service level agreement will require strong communication and project management skills. This role also requires creating a semantic layer to describe the data layer in business friendly terms (e.g. dimensional attributes and performance measures) that can be used throughout the organization to create reports and dashboards.
- Time and effort must be balanced across typical production applications (mode 1) and more agile applications (mode 2).
- Beyond the operational demands, BI managers will be expected to play a visionary role crafting strategy for how our organization integrates data, measures performance, and makes decisions.
- Assure successful implementation of project in BI area in terms of scope, budget and time.
- Must stay familiar with emerging trends and technologies and lead change management efforts to introduce new technology and best practices.
- Manage BI applications in terms of architecture, enhancement, maintenance, support
- Work with IT Leadership on the BI Strategic roadmap, investment, project execution, vendor management, solution architecture and successful launch of new solutions and related applications.
- Work closely with the business and IT leaders to ensure value is delivered from IT investments and compliance with industry standards and best practices reinforcing the use of Global and Regional Templates.
- Provide technological and strategic guidance and leadership in the development of both internal and external projects in BI area.
- Have a thorough understanding of the company's business operations as well as a broad knowledge of available SAP and related partner technologies.
- More than 7- 10 years of experience with BI applications, including experience in global environments
- Experience in an IT management role leading teams of at least 3 years, project management and integrating systems with SAP-ERP systems
- Proven experience in implementing and supporting BI environment in a manufacturing, distribution or retail environment required
- Experience of automotive industry will be appreciated
- Experienced with SAP BW and/or Microsoft Azure BI
- Experience with latest SAP technologies like HANA, cloud solutions and mobile applications will be greatly appreciated.
- Experience working in projects with offshore design and development teams
- Experience Implementing and support in a global environment
- Proven experience in BI solution architecture
- Proven experience in application integration
- Experience in design and development of BI mobile applications a plus
- Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Must possess a disciplined approach and commitment to delivering on Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving and solution development
- Experience working with a very formal change control process
- Ability to review functional and technical specifications and make recommendations for improvement prior to development
- Willingness to adhere to a standard, global template and maintain the consistency of the global process model.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, is a plus
- Ability to effectively work in a team where other team members may be located remotely
- Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to travel in USA and internationally - up to 20%
For immediate consideration, send your updated resume to email@example.com
RED is a global SAP Solutions provider dedicated to helping organizations do one thing -leverage your SAP investment to unlock competitive advantage. From implementation to sourcing, we can support every phase of the SAP Application Lifecycle enabling clients to evaluate the quantifiable benefits of cloud and on-premise deployments of SAP.
RED INNOVATION - develop and deliver SAP HANA, Mobility, Cloud applications and Analytics through a client tailored assessment and deployment framework.
RED STAFFING - supporting your business with the highest caliber contract & permanent SAP professionals for your business needs. This single-minded commitment to helping businesses realize greater value from their SAP investment has enabled us to become one of the most trusted players in the SAP industry.
When it comes to SAP, no one delivers like RED!