Big Data Engineer - Sweden
One of REDs global clients based in Stockholm are looking for Big Data Engineers to assist them in an on going project. They are looking for a Data Engineer to build data pipelines and develop new patterns.
This is an ongoing project which went live January 2017 and is currently being enhanced and upgraded, running version 1.0 which will be developed up until end of year then upgraded throughout 2018.
- Design, develop and evolve big data solutions that are optimised for analytics, visualisation and reporting.
- Optimise our data pipelines in terms of flexibility, performance and robustness.
- Work closely with data scientists to develop and optimise algorithms and analytical work-flows
- Take ownership of design standards and best practices, including our shared repository of reusable data pipeline components and templates
- Proactively improve our solutions to address improvement potentials, fulfil changed business needs and adopt new technology
- Contribute to long-term architecture and road map within big data and analytics.
Ideal candidate will have Hadoop, spark and kafka with 2 years hands on commercial experience, if you do not have this experience but are an experienced software engineer then they will train you in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Scala and Kafka.
- Hands-on experience from developing production-grade data pipelines and analytics workloads using some of the latest Big Data technologies such as Map-Reduce, Spark, Kafka, Python, R and No-SQL databases.
- Hands-on experience from development through Continuous Integration and understanding of CI tools such as Jenkins.
- Very good understanding of key success factors to secure high-performing, flexible and robust big data solutions.
- Experience from working in ab agile IT environment with high-volume transactions systems.
- You are able to take responsibility for end-to-end tasks and have a strong analytical and goal-oriented approach to problem solving
- You are driven, proactive and enjoy working in a high pace.
If you believe your skill set is a match to our customers need then please send an updated resume and a current contact number and a member of our team will be in touch.