RED's global client; recognised by Gartner as a leader in Technology and Management Consulting is currently undergoing huge growth due to continuous wins in the market. RED is pleased to offer you the opportunity to join our prestigious partner and take advantage of; an unrivalled career development program, comprehensive training, fantastic benefits package, and an environment that leverages the latest technology to support a healthy and productive work experience.
Job title: Big Data Architect
Location: London or Manchester
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000 + benefits Package (dependent on experience and level)
Employment Type: Permanent
We are looking for someone with specialist big data skills who can architect a big data solution in order to precisely meet a customer's requirements. The candidate should have the expertise to be able to architect the solution end to end from extracting the source data to providing the right people and/or systems with the insight required to achieve the business outcomes. The candidate will have a sound understanding of when and how to use different platforms for analytics, visual analytics, and big data platforms.
- Use case and business case development
- Vendor landscape and technology assessment across all the architecture layers (covering vendors such as Cloudera, Tableau, QlikView, hortonworks etc)
- Solution architecture formulation (including role of conventional information management platforms)
- Proof of concept execution to prove the value of Big Data use cases
- Full lifecycle implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment
- We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to provide thought leadership, solution architecting and implementation experience for robust Big Data solutions for big data opportunities
- At least a 2:2 Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or relevant experience
- Proven ability to deliver to tight timescales and ability to work well independently as well as in a team
- Strong presentation and communication skills; able to present complex ideas and solutions to audiences of varying levels
- Must be full mobile and flexible to travel up to 100%
- Insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry.
- An ability to inspire teams to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timeframe.
- Experience understanding team strengths, and the ability to coach and develop others.
If you are interested in the above Big Data Architect vacancy and feel that your experience fits our client's requirements, then please attach your latest CV and a member of our team will be in touch! Thank you.