Business Intelligence consultant
You will provide data management, design, architecture, data visualization and analytics services as a business offering to our client's customers
you'll work with our client's customers to understand and analyse their business and operational processes; their data collection mechanisms; and their data reporting and decision-making processes in order to provide solutions that deliver insights into their business that can enhance business performance and profitability.
You'll be working alongside our SAP Business One and Business ByDesign consultants to create cohesive BI solutions that span these products along with a wide variety of other data sources the customer may have.
You'll have multiple years of experience in analysing, manipulating and reporting on data across multiple data sources. They will also have proved they are able to consult with customers to specify, cost and deliver BI solutions.
- Experience with a BI tool such as SSRS, Power BI, Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau, Cognos, BI360 etc
- Experience of working with and reporting on data from ERP products.
- Experience and demonstrable skills with Microsoft SQL queries (T-SQL queries/functions/stored procedures)
- Understanding of and experience with data manipulation and analysis concepts (analysis cubes, aggregation, data warehousing, ETL, semantic layers etc)
- Strong Excel skills (VBA/Power Query/Pivot Tables etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to think laterally under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospects and customers, assess their requirements and document solutions
- Ability to accurately estimate the defined solution in terms of effort required to deliver it
- Drive and passion to remain informed and up to date with the latest developments in the Business Intelligence field
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS and/or Power BI
- Experience with consuming web services (REST/ODATA) as a source of data
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Understanding of core logistical and/or financial processes in business